We read in the decree of the Foundation: “In Santiago de Cuba on August 25, 1855, the monastery of education is erected …; we declare them to be Religious of the Apostolic Institute of the Immaculate Conception of Mary Most Holy Mother of God and Our Lady”. .
The Decree of Archbishop Anthony Mary Claret, like an act of Baptism, testifies forever to our name and the apostolic character of the Congregation. It testifies to the ‘divine’ complicity of Claret and Paris who, by God’s design, have given birth to our missionary, apostolic community. A step in the great dream that burned in their hearts: an “Order”, a “family” that serves so that God may be known and loved by all men (Aut. PC 97), that the Gospel may be preached in word and deed to every creature (cf. PR 59).